Complaints Procedure – Simple Financial Solutions Ltd
At Simple Financial Solutions Limited we do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best possible service. However, sometimes we don’t get things right first time. If you’re not completely happy with our service we’d like to hear about it so that we can do something to put it right. For all non-DAS related work, you can tell us about your concerns in the following ways:
Please address your letter to the Complaints Manager at:
Simple Financial Solutions Limited
58 Elliot Street
Please telephone us on 0800 043 2027 and ask for the Complaints Manager.
Your complaint will be investigated by our Complaints Manager whose responsibility is to investigate and resolve any problems you are experiencing. As soon as we receive your complaint, we aim to send you an acknowledgement letter within 3 business days.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three business days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. Your complaint will be investigated by our Complaints Manager. He/she will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Our Complaints Manager will then invite you to a meeting, either in person or over the phone, to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He/she will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Our Complaints Manager will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he/she has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, our Complaints Manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. Should you indicate to us that you remain dissatisfied following receipt of our response, the matter will be investigated further and we will send you our final response within 8 weeks of the original complaint together with details of how you can contact The Financial Ombudsman Service. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
DRF Complaints Handling
Simple Financial Solutions are a member of the Debt Resolution Forum (DRF). If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been handled effectively you can contact the DRF here.
DAS Complaints Procedure
DAS services are provided through Simple Financial Solutions Limited. Simple Financial Solutions Ltd is registered in Scotland (No SC382881) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of its consumer credit-related activities, FCA registration no 641275.
A party who has a complaint, is dissatisfied with the service provided or would like to suggest how our service could be improved should write to Thomas Fox, Authorised Money Adviser at Simple Financial Solutions Ltd, Sovereign House, Suite 03, 58 Elliot Street, Glasgow, G3 9DZ or by email to email@example.com.
The complaint will be acknowledged promptly, normally within 2 working days. If a full detailed response cannot be provided immediately thereafter, a timescale will be given by which time a detailed response will be sent. This timescale would normally be no longer than 10 working days. If the detailed response is delayed for any reason then the complainant will be informed.
The Authorised Money Adviser will establish the background facts as quickly as possible and ask the complainant for any further information as may be required in order to deal with the matter properly.
All telephone calls are recorded and retained for the duration of the Debt Payment Plan under DAS. These call recordings will be available to aid the Authorised Money Adviser when a complaint is being investigated.
The Authorised Money Adviser will provide a full and clear explanation of his findings and if an error has been made, the Authorised Money Adviser will attempt to rectify the error promptly and offer an apology.
If the complainant remains unsatisfied with the response given by the Authorised Money Adviser he may then direct his complaint to Alex McGarvey, Managing Director at Simple Financial Solutions Ltd, Sovereign House, Suite 03, 58 Elliot Street, Glasgow, G3 9DZ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Managing Director will undertake to review all correspondence in connection with the complaint and provide further assistance, if possible, in order to resolve the complaint.
The complainant will be kept aware of the steps that are being taken by the Managing Director to review and respond to the complaint, the likely timetable for the response, and the reasons for any delay.
At any time the complainant can direct their complaint to the Insolvency Complaints Gatewayoperated by the Insolvency Service at http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/contact-us/ip-complaints-gateway and/or to the DAS Administrator, the government agency that supervises DAS in Scotland.
If the complainant has not received a satisfactory response within eight weeks of submitting their complaint they will also be able to refer their complaint to the financial ombudsman.
Thomas Fox is licensed to act as an insolvency practitioner by the Insolvency Practitioners Association, Valiant House, 4-10 Heneage Lane, London, EC3A 5DQ.